This is a BIG week! This week we’re laying the foundation for the second story of our new classroom building. It’s a huge undertaking for us, and we’re juggling a lot of moving parts. We could really use some prayer. Here are some ways to pray for SHIP this week:
- Give thanks with us! We are amazed at how far this building has come during the past year. We are so thankful for the goodness God has shown in allowing this work to progress as quickly as it has.
- Pray for safety. Construction can be dangerous, and we want to pray for the safety of the workers.
- Pray for a successful pour. We want to make sure this building is safe and strong for all the kids, teachers, and parents who will walk its halls in the future. That starts with a good foundation, so please pray that the work goes smoothly.
- Pray that this building will be a place where our students can grow in the love of Christ and where this community can learn about Christ’s love, grace, and peace. Of course we want the building to be safe and structurally sound. We also want this building to be a place where students receive a foundation in faith that they can build their lives on.
- And, finally, send us your favorite Bible verses if you’d like to include them in this foundation. We always put Bible verses into the concrete when we pour, so, if you have a favorite verse, please send it to us by April 26. You can simply reply to this email and tell us your verse.
[By the way, if you thought we might have forgotten to pray for the young women of our neighborhood this week, don’t worry! Next week we’ll let you know of the ways you can pray for them.]
Thank you all so much for praying with us!